HealthPlus eShop is strongly committed to protecting your privacy. The use of personal data will help us to add more products and services of interest to you and also to ensure that your shopping experience with us is an enjoyable and personalized one. Please read on for more details on our policies and practices in relation to personal data:
We pledge to meet the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong). In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
We use sophisticated encryption technology and secure servers to keep your personal information (including your name, email and mailing address, telephone number and purchase history etc) safe. All your ordering information is protected during transmission by using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which encrypts the information that you input so that it cannot be read in transit.
The Chinese Herbal Medicine selling on HealthPlus eShop is only for retail purpose. For wholesale matters, please contact email@example.com.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can disable cookies on your computer by indicating this in the preferences or options menus in your browser. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to shop at HealthPlus eShop but will still be able to visit selected areas of the site.
Types of personal data that may be collected or held by us:
- Date of birth;
- Contact information including telephone number, fax number, address, e-mail, etc.;
- Shipper information, telephone number and shipping address etc;
- Website activities, records and transaction history;
- Inquiries, suggestions or opinions;
- Interests and preferences;
- Computer operating systems and Internet service providers
The personal data collected will be used for the following purposes:
- Membership registration, benefits and privileges provided;
- Order processing, payment clearing requirements and delivery arrangement;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- Information about our products and services, marketing activities and promotion;
- To provide promotions related to the Company, the Company's suppliers, business partners etc;
- To provide a pleasant online shopping experience, and to provide personalized marketing and promotional information, we will tailor the advertising and content of the page;
- To collect statistical information for analysis;
- To conduct survey regarding client base, products or services;
- For products and services enhancement
CONFIDENTIALITY, DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
The Company does not trade your personal information and contact information for gain without your written consent. All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
- Company’s associated companies, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sale and marketing, administration or provision of the Services;
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
- Banks, financial institutions, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place.
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE HONG KONG
If necessary, the Company may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If your mobile number is used for account login, you shall ensure that timely update is made by logging in to your account at “Account Profile” when your mobile number is to be changed or returned to your mobile operator. This is important to ensure that your account information will not be accessed by a third party who may have acquired the right to use your discarded mobile number. You are solely responsible for securing your account in this particular way. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage in this regard.
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
The Company intends to use the personal data collected from you in direct marketing and the Company requires your consent for that purpose. Your name, telephone number, email address, contact address, social media contact, products and service portfolio information, transaction pattern and behavior, browsing records, content viewing habits, and personal interest held by the Company may be used by the Company in direct marketing of the Services and the following classes of products or services offered by the Company’s business partners.
We may contact you by mail, telephone, social media, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or a unsubscribe link provided. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data without charge to you.
When you place an order with HealthPlus eShop, you will be asked to provide details such as shipper information, mobile, shipping address. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status.
eNewsletters and Email Marketing
Newsletter and special promotions will be sent to you via email, if you do not wish to receive our marketing communications, please feel free to unsubscribe.
Rights of access and update of personal data
You may check whether we hold any of your personal data and, if so, may also request access, update or correction, or request a copy of your personal data held by us via email.
*If there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.